Ewan's Blog - Councillor Ewan Aitken

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 23

We have to get the kids ready and out very early so that I can get to the Balmoral for 7:30am. On three days notice we have got a venue, sponsor and 120 guests. The team has excelled themselves. Gordon is brilliant and Jack was on good form too. I get to sit next to Ian Rankin at the press conference. He tells me that Rebus would vote Labour which is nice but but its real people we need to be marking their ballots. 150 business men and women have signed an advert in support for the Union. Suddenly there seems like something worth fighting for. Jim Spowart who founded Intelligent Finance asks simply, all these businessmen and women supporting the SNP, they have been hugely successful in the Union, what is it about independence that will make them more successful? By the end of the day I have done an event for a chanty called common purpose, I’ve spoken at 2 other events and attend the launch of a great group called