Ewan's Blog - Councillor Ewan Aitken

Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 14

A Labour Group meeting this week debates our next steps with some passion, borne I think from a combination of pre match nerves, excitement and, from those stepping down, demob happiness. Despite its boisterous nature, we are united, something many said wouldn’t be the case by now. I spend the afternoon working on a speech for an event this week and drafting yet another leaflet. I do wonder if its worth it given the number of folk who say they don’t read them but it feels like what we should be doing. An evenings canvassing is cancelled as I come home to find my wife really ill and so domesticity, kids dinners and the ironing call. I worry about not being out on the door steps but a night in with the kids is a wee bonus and somehow the ironing does feel more constructive than leafleting knowing much of what we push through the doors is rarely read in any detail.