Ewan's Blog - Councillor Ewan Aitken

Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 13

A keen team of 4 (myself and three others) cover the 1000 or so households I wanted delivered this afternoon in around 2 hours this afternoon which feels good until I realise that unlike previous times when that was around 20% of the ward, that's now only about 8%.We aren’t door knocking but the response from the gardens is good though I do have one very polite chap who hands me back my leaflet saying that he’d already made up his mind! The talk of the steamie is the reports about the Labour broadcast and what constitutes “ordinary folk”. Well there's plenty of “ordinary folk” down my way who would have piped up and said they think the local income tax is madness. Once again I also had tories going to vote for us to keep out the SNP. There was a poll in Scotland on Sunday that put us just ahead but I am told its not from one of the mainstream polling organisations so I shouldn’t get too excited. So I won’t, but it does reflect what we are being told locally.