Ewan's Blog - Councillor Ewan Aitken

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Implementing the Voucher Scheme

Along with 21 other local authorities and many other public sector bodies, Edinburgh was chastised when one of our employees, a teacher, complained to her MSP. We have very many family friendly policies in the Council but the truth is that whilst work has been going on in recent months so we can implement the voucher scheme very shortly, she is quite right. We should have done it before now. As a father of young children myself I know how hard it is to organise and pay for flexible childcare to cope with the fact that both my wife and I work and my job in particular means long and varied hours. So hands up; the scheme is coming to Edinburgh Council and I will make sure it moves on a fast as possible but it should have happened more quickly.

Labels: